C# 4.0 How-To
by Ben Watson
Real Solutions for C# 4.0 Programmers
Visit the Facebook page and like it to see book updates, blog posts, and more.
Need fast, robust, efficient code solutions for C# 4.0? This book delivers exactly what you’re looking for. You’ll find more than 200 solutions, best-practice techniques, and tested code samples for everything from classes to exceptions, networking to XML, LINQ to Silverlight. Completely up-to-date, this book fully reflects major language enhancements introduced with the new C# 4.0 and .NET 4.0. When time is of the essence, turn here first: Get answers you can trust and code you can use, right now!
Beginning with the language essentials and moving on to solving common problems using the .NET Framework, C# 4.0 How-To addresses a wide range of general programming problems and algorithms. Along the way is clear, concise coverage of a broad spectrum of C# techniques that will help developers of all levels become more proficient with C# and the most popular .NET tools.
Fast, Reliable, and Easy to Use!
- Write more elegant, efficient, and reusable code
- Take advantage of real-world tips and best-practices advice
- Create more effective classes, interfaces, and types
- Master powerful data handling techniques using collections, serialization, databases, and XML
- Implement more effective user interfaces with both WPF and WinForms
- Construct Web-based and media-rich applications with ASP.NET and Silverlight
- Make the most of delegates, events, and anonymous methods
- Leverage advanced C# features ranging from reflection to asynchronous programming
- Harness the power of regular expressions
- Interact effectively with Windows and underlying hardware
- Master the best reusable patterns for designing complex programs
Available at these places and wherever books are sold:
|Barnes and Noble|
After you register your copy, you can download the accompanying source code.
"Best Book on C# Algorithms and Tricks Ever"
"The code is very well written--it is beautiful well structured communicative code...The code is the book is not just useful and terse but it is also elegant."
"Ben also discusses the why behind the best practices, and explains the benefits of the structure of the examples...The code samples are well-written and understandable, some get into advanced aspects of the topics they cover which really is of real value even to advanced developers...This is one reference book I am keeping within arm's length."
"This book is a twist on the C# Cookbook style of books only better."
"This book is worth its weight in gold!"
"Personally read it cover-to-cover and really enjoyed the simple, yet clear explanation of the problems and the presented solutions."
"This is an excellent book for anyone who likes to have tons of good simple and straight-to-the-point examples."
"I am an experienced programmer and I still found this book very useful."
"This is a book [that] absolutely deserves your time."
"I like how the book is organized and the examples are structured by reference scenarios, which are very practical to real world development."